San Diego offers an endless array of activities of the whole family and the following are just some of the family-friendly offerings from around San Diego County.
- The Hotel Del Coronado offers Kidtopia for children ages 4-12. In addition to a fun climbing unit, crazy funhouse mirror and high-tech entertainment stations with computers, movie-time media and a Dance Dance Revolution game, Kidtopia features separate beach-themed rooms for crafts, stage performances and playtime. For the older kids, there is the Vibz Teen Lounge with billiards, foosball, darts, karaoke, computers, and, most importantly, the opportunity for teens to meet other people their own age.
- During summer, the Rancho Bernardo Inn offers activities and vacation packages tailored specifically to families. Daily offerings include S’mores + Snores, where kids can enjoy inn-room camping in their own tent and sleeping bag along with a teddy bear and s’mores kit; Santiago Pool Fun, where kids play water basketball, glow-in-the-dark corn toss and ping pong; and the Treasure Hunt + Fountains Walking Tour, where kids follow a property treasure map while seeing the 25+ unique fountains throughout the property. In the end, they can turn in the completed map to receive a real treasure.
- Valley Center’s oldest working farm, Bates Nut Farm is at its busiest during the fall when families spend the day picking out pumpkins, riding ponies, taking hay rides and traversing the corn maze. You'll also find a small zoo, picnic area, country antique store, and a dry goods store selling candies and, of course, nuts.
- In partnership with Pottery Barn’s PBteen, Loews Coronado Bay Resort’s Sea Spa offers a stylish teen lounge outfitted with cozy loungers, iChairs and Nintendo Wii. The beach-themed environment is the ideal place for teenagers to pass the time between specially designed treatments like acne facials, sports massages, skincare lessons and organic spray-tanning.
- The Spa at the Del in the historic Hotel del Coronado offers a Teen Treats package that includes a choice of any two of the following 25-minute treatments: Swedish massage, express facial, back facial and salt scrub.
- Skinsational Skin and Body Spa in Carlsbad offers the Skinsational Teen Facial designed especially for teenage skin. The balancing 45-minute treatment includes a deep cleansing exfoliation, extractions and mask, along with a homecare consultation.
Find more San Diego family travel ideas and plan a trip today!