San Diego County is home to many world-renowned golf equipment manufacturers. Specializing in high-tech clubs, balls and accessories for both professional and amateur golfers, these companies lead the world in golf technology and innovation.
Following is a short list of golf equipment manufacturers based in San Diego County:
- Aldila, located in Poway, has been leading the innovation in production of fiber carbon golf shafts since 1972.
- Callaway Golf, located in Carlsbad, creates products and services designed to make every golfer a better golfer. The company manufactures and sells golf clubs and golf balls, and sells golf accessories, under the brand names Callaway Golf, Top-Flite, Odyssey, and Ben Hogan.
- Carbite Golf, located in Carlsbad, specializes in putters and wedges.
- Cobra Golf, also located in Carlsbad, is producer of the famed King Cobra and manufactures full sets of clubs including their signature metal drivers and fairway metals.
- La Jolla Club, located in Vista, focuses on the women’s and junior market with clubs that combine innovative technology with fresh design. Signature clubs include the classic Snoopy Junior Clubs.
- Odyssey Golf, located in Carlsbad, specializes in putters with a dedication that has led them to produce the top putter in the game.
- TaylorMade Golf, located in Carlsbad, produces clubs, accessories and balls used by amateurs and professionals worldwide.
- Titleist Golf, also located in Carlsbad, is a world-renowned manufacturer of balls, clubs and accessories.
Quality drivers and balls are needed to improve a high scorecard; personal instruction is also invaluable. Additionally, customized swing analysis and club building offer further methods of game improvement, along with on-course lessons, video instruction and just pesky golf buddy advice. For “top-of-the-line” assistance, the Callaway Golf Performance Center and TaylorMade Performance Lab utilize high-tech simulators to provide golfers with correct mechanics and an individualized set of clubs.
- The Callaway Golf Performance Center in Carlsbad offers golfers the opportunity to customize their golf clubs with a Callaway specialist using state-of-the-art high-speed cameras and ball-flight simulators. Launch conditions, including ball speed, launch angle and spin rates, along with the ability to try a variety of clubs to optimize distance and accuracy are used to evaluate a player’s swing. Participants receive a depiction of their ball flight and leave with custom specifications to enable the purchase of Callaway clubs at any Callaway Golf retail shop worldwide.
- The Aviara Golf Academy in Carlsbad hosts an advanced swing analysis and club fitting technology system at its TaylorMade Performance Lab. Using motion capture cameras, the same technology for creating animated characters in movies, TaylorMade Golf tracks the motion and speed of a golfer’s swing then custom designs clubs to improve their performance. Guests who visit the lab get a two-hour session that includes analysis and instruction by a PGA golf professional; a personalized custom fitting for the driver, fairway woods, iron, rescue irons, and putter; and CD containing three-dimensional images of their swing and recommendations for improvements. Within 24 hours, hotel guests can have a custom set of golf clubs manufactured at the nearby TaylorMade Headquarters and delivered right to their room. Guests who purchase custom-fitted clubs from TaylorMade also receive a personalized bag and TaylorMade Performance Lab head covers.