There's nothing more rewarding than planning a meeting that people can't wait to attend. With its legendary weather, beautiful beaches and friendly, laid-back tones, San Diego is a destination that attendees look forward to visiting. That's a seed of positivity that's planted before the meeting even starts. And that enthusiasm will only grow when they get here. Known for inspiring optimism in every visitor, it's no wonder San Diego is a top choice for planners wanting to spark attendance.
Creative Meeting Spaces
Planning a meeting in San Diego is as inspiring as attending one. An incredibly user-friendly city with a centrally located airport makes travel practically effortless. From the downtown Gaslamp scene to world-class North County resorts, 130 distinctive conference and convention hotels and world-class attractions fit the mood and intention of any meeting, and any budget. Here are just a few premier destinations:
- Hotel del Coronado: The Hotel del Coronado is not just your host, but your business partner. Inspired ideas and breakthrough brainstorms need the perfect environment for great minds to do great work. Rising from the water's edge, the legendary “Hotel Del” is considered one of America's most beautiful beach resorts. Since 1888, it has captured the hearts of travelers
- Manchester Grand Hyatt: A perfect meeting requires the right mix of an inspiring location, seamless service and first-rate facilities. Manchester Grand Hyatt features 125,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including 42 breakout rooms, 45 conference parlors, two of San Diego's largest ballrooms and 1,625 guestrooms with windows that open to capture the ocean breeze
- Omni San Diego: Contemporary accommodations feature bay, city or ballpark views but also outstanding meeting spaces equipped with state-of-the-art technology. Located in the heart of the historic Gaslamp Quarter, the 511-room, 32-story luxury hotel is connected via sky bridge to PETCO Park, home of the San Diego Padres and just minutes from the city's top attractions
- Town and Country Resort & Convention Center: Thousands of grand, arching palm trees tower over 32 acres of beautiful landscaping in the heart of San Diego's Mission Valley. The largest privately owned and operated convention property in San Diego offers 1,000 guestrooms and suites and over 225,000 square feet of meeting exhibit space—adjacent to the championship Riverwalk Golf Club
Get inspired by more unique venues
See our proof-positive local innovators
The San Diego Convention & Visitors Bureau also has a uniquely positive approach to planning meetings for 10 to 3,000 hotel guests:
- 23 National Sales Directors, all destination specialists, are ready to assist with planning needs
- As part of its Site Experience program, the San Diego Convention & Visitors Bureau prepares itineraries for travel planners and accompanies them through site visits
- An exclusive iLead system provides a real-time search of over 130 hotels and venues
- Promotional materials help boost meeting attendance and excitement
Send us an RFP, and discover for yourself how San Diego always leads to positive results. Call 877-9SDMeet (877-973-6338), email or complete an RFP online by clicking here.