Spend a Summer day in San Diego enjoying one of these outdoor summer festivals, fairs, taste ofs and more.
- The San Diego County Fair takes place at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. This fair is the largest annual event in San Diego County and features top performing artists and popular attractions like the International Beer Festival, livestock exhibits, home and hobby displays, woodworking and an award-winning flower show.
- The Taste of Little Italy in downtown San Diego's Little Italy neighborhood offers a chance to sample many of the newly opened and landmark restaurants in this colorful neighborhood. Participants receive a passport that is validated by each restaurant in exchange for a taste of their featured menu item. Appetizers, desserts and specialty beverages are offered as guests stroll through the district and enjoy live musical entertainment.
- The Annual Ocean Beach Street Fair & Chili Cook-off Festival offers attendees eclectic fun in the sun that's great for all ages. The chili competition will feature more than two dozen tastings from amateur entrants competing for the titles of Hottest Chili, Judges' Award and grand prize People's Choice Award.
- Mission San Diego de Alcala, the first mission in California, celebrates its establishment and the beginning of Christianity in the western United States during the Festival of the Bells. The event features food, entertainment, dancing and the blessing of the bells. All five mission bells, including an original bell dating back to 1802, are rung during the weekend festivities.
- Residents and visitors alike show their pride at the Annual San Diego LGBT Pride Parade and Pride Festival, one of the most popular events of its kind in the country. Highlights include a mile-long parade through Hillcrest and two-day festival in Balboa Park.
- The Festival of Sail on San Diego Bay transforms San Diego's North Embarcadero into a nautical theme park. The festival kicks off with a majestic parade of tall ships on San Diego Bay and visitors can enjoy touring the ships, live entertainment at the Festival of Sail main stage, marvelous food and drink from dozens of restaurant booths, a petting zoo and 100 festival vendors.
- The Annual San Diego Festival of Beer takes place in downtown San Diego. More than 75 breweries provide samples and tastings alongside live musical performances, vendors and food.
- With live music, craft & food vendors, carnival rides, beer gardens and lot's of sunshine, the Annual Adams Avenue Street Fair is one of the largest free music street fairs in California.
- The annual Taste of Adams Avenue will take place along Adams Avenue from Normal Heights to Kensington and feature 30 restaurants, coffee houses, pubs, wine bars and unique eateries in one of San Diego's hottest and historic neighborhoods.
- San Diego Bayfair's World Series of Powerboat Racing, a family festival tradition with live entertainment, vendors, great food, beer gardens, fireworks, kid's fun zone and other family activities, takes place in one of San Diego's jewels, Mission Bay Park.
- Celebrating Soccer and World Cup Brazil, Brazilian Day San Diego is the largest brazilian festival on the west coast. Free, fun and family friendly with music, carnival parade, food court, vendors, exhibitors and a kids zone.
- ArtWalk NTC @ Liberty Station, is a for art lovers who like to view and purchase paintings, sculptures, photographs and more while enjoying live music and delicious food.
- CityFest is a street fair like no other. Held in the San Diego LGBT neighborhood of Hillcrest, it features arts, crafts, food, music and a beer garden to guarantee a fun-filled day of festivities.
- Spend a day in beautiful La Jolla enjoying the La Jolla Festival Of The Arts. The juried art festival features 190+ artists displaying original work, as well as live entertainment, food court, street chalking exhibition, and many entertaining diversions.
North County Coastal
- Summersun Fest in Oceanside features an eclectic lineup of funky DJs, local jams and legendary reggae sounds -everything about summer embraced by the true spirit of Oceanside's beach culture. Experience great live music, share green ideas, and see some cool art.
- The Julian Gold Rush Days celebrate the 1870s discovery of gold in the historic mountain town of Julian with a full weekend of activities, including gold panning, gold mine tours, historic skits, pioneer games and opportunities to meet miners, mountain men and cowboys. Admission is free.
- San Diego's biggest civilian air show, the Annual Air Show San Diego (formerly Wings Over Gillespie Air Show) takes to the skies and includes historical re-enactments of aerial battles with pyrotechnic displays, 40 aircraft (flying and static displays), live entertainment, a Kids Zone and food and merchandise vendors.
- Pine Valley Days celebrates the fun in the East County backcountry. This popular annual community festival includes a parade along Historic Highway 80, barbecue, blue ribbon bake-off, live music, dancing, children's carnival, horseshoe and volleyball tournaments and more.
- Julian StarFest, the second largest gathering of professional and amateur astronomers and stargazers in California, takes place on the grounds of Menghini Winery in Julian. Providing guests an exciting glimpse of our galaxy and beyond, the celestial gathering features exhibition areas, guest speakers and an astronomy equipment swap meet.
- The Imperial Beach Sun & Sea Festival features world-class sandcastle sculptors creating some of the best sand creations on the West Coast as well as a community parade and pancake breakfast, live music, children's craft activities, a Kids 'n Kastles competition, Farmer's Market and International Food Fair.
- There is something for everyone at the Chula Vista Harbor Fest featuring a SeafoodFest, Baja Wine & Craft Beer Festival, Maritime Museums Vessels, Exotic Automobiles, Arts & Crafts, 3 Stages, and Youth Zone!
- The Chula Vista Lemon Festival features live entertainment, arts and crafts displays, children's amusements, our world-famous Lemon Pie Eating Contest and so much more including...of course...more lemons!