Thanksgiving is a beautiful time of year in San Diego, marking the official start of the holiday season. Enjoy glorious weather with a distinct touch of fall from the coast to the inland valleys. San Diego shines brilliantly with an abundance of traditional as well as unique festivities.
Discover the depth of the San Diego culinary scene by partaking in food festivals large and small, or dine ocean side for a unique Thanksgiving feast.
Ring in the holiday season with a traditional parade, catch a pro football game, or volunteer your time for a worthwhile cause.
Below is just a handful of Thanksgiving dinner options San Diego has to offer:
- Hornblower Cruises & Events and Flagship Cruises & Events both offer Thanksgiving Day Buffet Cruises on November 22 which are perfect for entertaining guests without all the hard work in the kitchen. Guests are greeted with a boarding glass of champagne, then escorted to their table. The traditional Thanksgiving buffet is decorated in the holiday spirit and includes all the Thanksgiving favorites!
- At The Westgate Hotel, guests can celebrate Thanksgiving with their choose of a four-course dinner in The Westgate Room or a buffet in The Fontainebleau Room.
- Combine your Thanksgiving dinner with the best in jazz, ragtime, gospel, swing music and more at the 33rd Annual San Diego Thanksgiving Dixieland Jazz Festival at the Town & Country Hotel in Mission Valley. A four-course Champagne dinner will be served in the Golden West Room from 3:00 to 6:00 PM on Thanksgiving Day, then guests can get right back to enjoying the music at this 5-day festival.
- Located within Balboa Park, The Prado Restaurant is offering a 3-course Thanksgiving dinner from 1:00 to 7:00 PM. A full menu with traditional favorites or non-traditional choices is available, with a special children's menu for the little ones.
- Savor the season at The US Grant with your choice of a bountiful buffet dinner or an intimate 5-course Holiday pairing dinner at the Grant Grill. There's even the option of a full ready-to-serve Turkey dinner to go.
- Guests can enjoy an elegant Thanksgiving buffet dinner on November 22 at the Hotel del Coronado's oceanfront Ballroom and magnificent Crown Room, decked with all the trimmings and live musical entertainment. Also during Thanksgiving weekend, the Del kicks off its holiday programs, including seaside ice-skating and the illumination of thousands of white lights adorning the grand Victorian structure.
- Celebrate Thanksgiving at Mistral restaurant at Loews Coronado Bay Resort with live music in the lobby and an extravagant buffet dinner from 1:00 to 5:00 PM in the Market Café. From 5:00 to 9:00 PM, Chef Patrick Ponsaty also presents a special three-course menu at Mistral featuring his favorite fall ingredients.
- Enjoy the dramatic on-the-surf location of The Marine Room while choosing between Julian Cherry Cider Brined Turkey Breast or less traditional menu selections such as Colorado Lamb Osso Buco or the Neptune Trilogy, which includes Maine Lobster, Diver Scallop and Wild Prawn.
San Diego North Coastal
- Give thanks with a 3-course meal of American classics and Amaya favorites at Amaya restaurant at The Grand Del Mar or indulge in Chef William Bradley’s four- or seven-course menu of Thanksgiving-inspired dishes.