Date: August 30 - September 2, 2013
Time: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Venue: B Street Cruise Ship Terminal Pier
Follow Us On:
Hundreds of thousands have come each year to see master-class sculptors build beautiful 3-dimensional works of art. Now many of the world's finest artists will come to create the most amazing sculptures ever. And they'll do it on a unique site with our beautiful bay on the West and downtown's sandcastles in the sky on the East. Just 2 blocks North lie the world's tall ships in all their majesty, and out on the bay, the ships sail with full regalia and recreate cannon battles of yore.
It's a 4-day extravaganza for the whole family.
Astonishing Sand Sculptures
3-dimensional Art for the Home
- Competition between 10 professional world masters carving sculptures like San Diegans have never seen
- Head-to-head battle between the sandcastle teams who have won 9 of the last 10 U.S. Open crowns in the former Imperial Beach event - Archisand vs. I.B. Posse
- CA masters team competition
- Student competitions - art and architecture - middle, high school and college levels
Entertainment All Weekend Long
- Leading California metal, stone and wood sculptors
- Designer clothing and jewelry
- 3D wall art
- Art for kids, handmade educational toys and much more
- The best of the buskers
Plus, a significant portion of the proceeds go toward arts education programs that help kids learn to learn.
- Sand sculpture classes
- Hat-making and more
- Young Audiences of San Diego /Arts for Learning, serving tens of thousands of kids throughout the area
- Maritime Museum of San Diego Education Programs