Date: November 25 - 29, 2015
Venue: Town and Country Resort & Convention Center
Follow Us On:
The 36th San Diego Jazz Fest over Thanksgiving will present a variety of traditional jazz music, from ragtime to swing to dixieland at the Town & Country Resort and Hotel in Hotel Circle. Jazz bands and musicians from across the U.S. will perform.
Festival presentations include great variety: trad, swing, boogie-woogie, ragtime, dixieland, gospel, rockabilly
- Blues, swing and jump music performed by San Diego's own Sue Palmer and her Motel Swing Orchestra, with vocalist Deejah Marie
- High Society (San Diego) to open the festival Wednesday evening
- Wonderful Ragtime featuring San Diego’s Heliotrope Ragtime Orchestra together with vintage dancers in costume
- A great Swing Extravaganza with two amazing swing bands: Stompy Jones and Campus 5 plus the Sweathearts of Swing.
- Tom Rigney and Flambeau playing Cajun, zydeco, blues and New Orleans music
- The Euphoria Brass Band of San Diego, fun New Orleans Street Music with 2nd line Parades.
- Red Skunk with the swingin', spontaneous, spunky, and exceedingly entertaining style
- "JazzSea Jams" led by cornetist Dick Williams offers an opportunity for musically-inclined festival patrons to jam with an organized band
- The Memphis Boys with Dave Beenett featured on piano and vocals performing Rockabilly classics by Jerry Lee Lews, Elvis, and others.
- Guest artist Katie Cavera (banjo, guitar, bass and vocals)
- Guest artist Dave Levinson featured in three Clarinet Summits.
- The Mission Bay High School Preservationists - talented young musicians who put on a terrific show
- A pianorama, featuring a variety of stylists from across the U.S. and Canada: Stephanie Trick, Carl Sonny Leland, Paolo Alderighi and more
- Dance demos by Joel Ply's Hang 10 Hoppers and Marggie Adams' Swing FX Dance Team plus dance classes by Georgia and Hal Myers
- Sunday morning Gospel music with the Night Blooming Jazzmen of Claremont
Daily Ticket Prices:
- Wednesday - $20
- Thursday - $25
- Friday - $50
- Saturday - $50
- Sunday - $30
- After 5:00 PM on Friday or Saturday - $30
Multi-day Ticket Prices:
- Wednesday-Sunday - $110
- Thursday-Sunday - $105
- Friday-Sunday - $100
- Under 30 tickets at the door (Check our website)
- 12 and under free if accompanied by an adult
- Active Duty Military free with proper ID