Fleet Science Center
1875 El Prado Balboa Park
San Diego, CA 92101
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Friday-Sunday: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
First Wednesday of Month: 10:00 AM to 8:15 PM
The Fleet Science Center connects people of all ages to the possibilities and power of science to create a better future.
The Fleet is San Diego’s science center, bringing together the community, empowering educators and offering meaningful experiences that embrace the power of science and impact the world around us. No matter your age, explore and investigate more than 100 interactive exhibits that pique your curiosity. Become immersed in the Heikoff Giant Dome Theater through a wide variety of IMAX film adventures that show you the world like you’ve never seen it before. Mesmerizing stories showcase the wonders of the planet—and beyond—providing exciting experiences for everyone.
What to Know:
- We are open every day. Check hours and show schedules online before visiting
- Parking is free and located adjacent to the science center, via Park Boulevard
- Tickets for IMAX films are included in admission
- Discounts provided for children 12 and under, and for seniors 65+
- Children 2 and under get in free
- "Tinkering Studio", a hands-on area inspired by Thomas Edison and Steve Jobs
- Kids age 5 and under get to explore our working world in "Kid City”
- You can build free-form structures with wooden planks in "Block Busters!"
- Traveling exhibitions arrive regularly. Check online to see what's new