Mingei International Museum
1439 El Prado
San Diego, CA 92101
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Sunday: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Mingei International Museum is located in the heart of historic Balboa Park, on the Plaza de Panama. The Museum features dynamic, changing exhibitions of folk art, craft and design from all eras and cultures of the world, displayed throughout six beautiful galleries. See objects and exhibitions ranging from pre-columbian art to mid-century furniture, exquisite jewelry to rustic vessels, wood carvings, bronzes, glass, pottery, textiles and more.
Art of the World. Art of the People.
The exhibitions at Mingei open a window on diverse cultures all over the world, revealing unique global traditions and inspiring people to express their own innate creativity. At Mingei, art belongs to everyone.
Plan Your Visit:
- Closed Mondays and most major holidays
- Join us for Family Sunday which includes a hands-on craft activity
- Adults - $10
- Seniors (62+), youth (6-17), students/military with ID - $7
- Group Tour Rates (10 or more) - $7
- Members and children under 6 - Free
- The Nikigator - a colorful outdoor sculpture for kids to climb on
- Local food selections and hand-crafted beverages at Cafe Mingei
- The bright, beautiful 'Angel of Temperance' suspended in our atrium
- The Collectors' Gallery/Museum Store - items from local & international artists
- The gorgeous, handcrafted Nakashima furniture