Reuben H Fleet Science Center
1875 El Prado Balboa Park
San Diego, CA 92101
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Friday-Sunday: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
First Wednesday of Month: 10:00 AM to 8:15 PM
The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center is home to Southern California's only IMAX® Dome Theater and 100+ hands-on science exhibits for all ages. Watch immersive giant-screen films in the Eugene Heikoff and Marilyn Jacobs Heikoff Giant Dome Theater, featuring the world's first IMAX Dome Theater. Digital planetarium shows and IMAX films play daily. Experience eight galleries of fun and interactive exhibits, including major traveling exhibitions.
Enjoy sandwiches, salads and healthy treats in Craveology. Find unique educational toys and games, books, IMAX DVDs and more in the North Star Science Store. The science center is open every day of the year including major holidays.
What to Know:
- We are open every day. Check hours and show schedules online before visiting
- Parking is free and located adjacent to the science center, via Park Boulevard
- Tickets for IMAX films are included in admission
- Discounts provided for children 12 and under, and for seniors 65+
- Children 2 and under get in free
- "Tinkering Studio", a hands-on area inspired by Thomas Edison and Steve Jobs
- Kids age 5 and under get to explore our working world in "Kid City”
- You can build free-form structures with wooden planks in "Block Busters!"
- Traveling exhibitions arrive regularly. Check online to see what's new