San Diego Air & Space Museum
2001 Pan American Plaza
San Diego, CA 92101
Hours of Operation:
Daily: 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM
Science, space and aviation history all unfold at the San Diego Air & Space Museum - California's Official Air and Space Museum. An affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, the Museum houses a collection of historic aircraft and spacecraft from all over the world, including a flyable replica of Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis, the actual Apollo 9 Command Module spacecraft and the only real GPS satellite on display in the world.
The Museum also offers interactive exhibits including MaxFlight® and Space Shuttle simulators plus dynamic, hands-on and ever-changing traveling exhibitions. It has Balboa Park's first 3D/4D Theater and interactive kid zone and the Flight Path Grill is open on select days on the Observation Deck.
What to Know:
- The Museum is open daily except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
- Free parking is available in both the front and back of the building
- The Museum is in the Ford building, built for the 1935 California Pacific Expo
- The Museum has the third largest aviation library and archives in the U.S.
- "Ripley's Believe It Or Not," our special exhibition for a limited time
- The Apollo 9 Command Module - it was actually flown in space!
- The replica of the Spirit of St. Louis, built by some of the original designers
- The Pavilion of Flight where most of the Museum's events are held