The San Diego Tourism Authority is a private, non-profit, mutual benefit corporation composed of approximately 900 member organizations, businesses, local governments, and individuals seeking a better community through the visitor industry. San Diego Tourism Authority (SDTA) members include tourism-related entities in such categories as lodging, dining, arts & attractions, shopping, and transportation, among others, as well as other companies indirectly involved in the visitor industry.
As a sales and marketing organization, the main objective of SDTA is to promote and market San Diego County as a vacation destination and meetings and convention site. SDTA also represents and supports the interests of the visitor industry as a whole.
General Responsibilities of the Director of Digital Marketing:
- Develop an annual workplan that details the digital ecosystem, establishes key performance metrics, audience goals, private source revenue goals and program expenses/budgets.
- Lead the department team and direct the Digital Marketing Manager, Content Manager and Marketing Technology Manager to meet defined objectives in support of the annual sales and marketing plan. Manage and deliver a strong monthly content marketing plan across multiple channels.
- Collaborate with the Director of IT to identify and implement key marketing technology platforms to support the web site, e-mail/CRM and social media program of work.
- Supervise interactive agencies (i.e., social media, web/digital, search), booking engines, publishers and other third-party relationships as directed.
- Develop the digital ecosystem to support international marketing programs, supervising vendor agency partners as approved by the COO.
- Develop core strategies to optimize OWNED channels for maximum visibility in search engines, grow audiences and strengthen engagement. Recommend new platforms and programs such as podcasts and video content series to grow relevancy.
- Work with the Research Team to analyze the OWNED program of work and provide SDTA staff and stakeholders with program insights.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum of ten years and demonstrated successful experience in leading digital marketing programs and OWNED media channels.
- Visitor/hospitality industry experience desirable.
- Experience with online advertising operations and platforms a plus.
SDTA offers competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background checks and a clean driving record.