Enjoy close encounters with Scripps Institution of Oceanography scientists and search the galleries for unusual underwater creatures rarely seen at Birch Aquarium.
Discover a sea of glowing beasts (big and small), get sticky with slime, and enjoy spooky stories, all while boo-gieing down to live music and having a monstrously good time.
Recommended for ages 2+
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography Scientists showcasing exciting, and sometimes spooky, research
- Slime: Make your own seaweed slime to take home
- Frankensquid: Get up close and personal with a squid and learn what makes it unique inside and out
- Spooky species including skeleton shrimp and sea spiders
- Family-friendly costumes encouraged
- Glow Critters: Witness creatures that create their own light
Sign up to receive the latest news, events, and updates about San Diego. Our monthly and weekly newsletters will keep you informed about the latest and greatest happenings in the destination.
For the ultimate guide to planning your San Diego vacation, view and download the San Diego Visitor Planning Guide, packed with useful information that will help you plan the perfect San Diego getaway.
English | Change Language