Celebrate the beauty and diversity of the Asian Arts collections during the Museum’s On the Steps event! Enjoy FREE Museum admission from 5:00–8:00 p.m., plus artmaking activities, live performances, and artists from San Diego’s Japanese, Chinese, and Korean communities.
– Korean paper arts & ceramics with the House of Korea at Balboa Park
– Chinese ink painting with Confucius Institute at San Diego State University
– Ikebana demonstrations and bonsai with Sharon Bristow at the Japanese booth
– Hands-on art making activities for families and children with the San Diego Museum of Art
– Japanese Koto and Shakuhachi flute performance by Kyoko Takeda and Jon Crick.
– Solo Japanese Koto performance by Reiko Obata.
– Japanese Taiko drum performance featuring Naruwan Taiko of San Diego
– Performances by Confucius Institute at San Diego State University, including Tai Chi Kung Fu and the guzheng
– Performances by San Diego Korean Pungmul Institute / 샌디에고 한국풍물학교
Sign up to receive the latest news, events, and updates about San Diego. Our monthly and weekly newsletters will keep you informed about the latest and greatest happenings in the destination.
For the ultimate guide to planning your San Diego vacation, view and download the San Diego Visitor Planning Guide, packed with useful information that will help you plan the perfect San Diego getaway.
English | Change Language