This quaint city has beautiful sandy beaches, three unique lagoons, outstanding shopping and world-class sporting events. It also boasts the LEGOLAND® theme park with rides, shows and attractions and the Flower Fields of Carlsbad Ranch that sports 50 acres of spectacular blooming flowers every spring. Home to many world-renowned golf equipment manufacturers, Carlsbad also features the storied La Costa golf courses with their long list of legendary tournaments and players.
- Dining options at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa include Bob’s Steak & Chop House and VUE. Both offer fresh-from-the-farm ingredients and seasonally inspired menus, plus indoor and outdoor seating.
- The AAA Five-Diamond Vivace Restaurant is the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort's signature dining restaurant, serving innovative Italian cuisine. The Argyle Steakhouse serves the premium cuts of organic meat to diners overlooking the 18th green of the Aviara Golf Club.
- Offering locally grown fresh ingredients and flavors, Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa incorporates recipes from around the world, spectacular vistas of the Pacific coastline and a large outdoor patio area complete with fireplace.
- The Omni La Costa golf courses, Legends and Champions, boast a rich tournament history dating back 50 years, filled with players ranging from the best professional golfers in the world to politicians, Hollywood celebrities and legendary sports heroes, including Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra and Tiger Woods. Visited by the PGA Tour for over thirty years, the two 18-hole, par 72 courses are nestled amongst 400 acres of lush landscape featuring slick putting surfaces, well-positioned bunkers and beautiful lakes.
- The only Arnold Palmer signature golf course in San Diego, the 7,007 yard, par 72 course at the Aviara Golf Club at the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort winds through rolling valleys and features ocean views and stunning manicured landscaping.
- The Crossings at Carlsbad is an 18-hole par 72 course that offers cool ocean breezes and panoramic views. With over 6,800 yards of play and five sets of tees, this course accommodates players of all skill levels.
- Located adjacent to the Carlsbad Flower Fields, the Carlsbad Premium Outlets mall offers more than 86 stores with everyday savings of 25 – 65%. Well-known designers and renowned brand name stores include Banana Republic, BCBG, Calvin Klein, Coach, Cole Haan, Elie Tahari, Kate Spade New York, Michael Kors, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren, Theory, Tommy Hilfiger, Tory Burch, and Tumi.
- Within the quaint Village of Carlsbad, the Carlsbad Village Art & Antique Mall is comprised of more than 100 dealers selling antiques and collectibles, such as depression-era glass, vintage china, and period oak furniture.
- Geared toward children ages 2 to 12, the LEGOLAND® California Resort features a variety of LEGO-themed attractions including “Mini Land,” which showcases some of the nation’s most famous cities through life-size replicas built entirely from LEGO brick, and the LEGOLAND Water Park with a 45-foot tower water slide. The adjacent SEA LIFE™ Aquarium is the first of its kind in North America, featuring unique hands-on and LEGO-themed exhibits.
- Each year in March and April, over 50 acres of blooming giant ranunculus flowers transform the hillsides of The Flower Fields® of Carlsbad into spectacular, vibrant color. Wagon rides and tours are offered and special events take place throughout the growing season, such as Kid's Day, Bluegrass Day, Arts and Crafts Fairs, and more.
- Explore more than 500 musical instruments during a tour of the Museum of Making Music, a museum dedicated to revisiting music throughout history, from the 1890s to today. In addition to displays and interactive, multimedia exhibits, the museum also hosts special events throughout the year, including concerts, films, workshops, camps and guest speakers.
- Drive down the coastline on Historic Highway 101 from laid-back Oceanside to luxurious La Jolla enjoying the diverse and vibrant communities along the way that capture the true essence of a Southern California coastal vacation.
- More than 100,000 residents and visitors take to the streets in the Village of Carlsbad for the twice yearly Carlsbad Village Faire the largest single day street fair in the nation, held in May and November.
- The Carlsbad Marathon & Half Marathon takes advantage of the ideal winter weather and spectacular coastal setting of Carlsbad. Each January, up to 10,000 runners enter this event that winds through the Village of Carlsbad and down historic Highway 101 along the Pacific Ocean.
- Since 1986, the City of Carlsbad has hosted TGIF Concerts in the Parks, a series of free concerts at three community parks. The concerts take place on Fridays and run from late June through the summer.
- Held over three days in September, the Carlsbad Music Festival brings together world-class adventurous performers and composers from across genres, including classical, folk, jazz, pop and world music.
Make your plans now to visit Carlsbad, California along the Pacific Ocean in San Diego's North County.