San Diego's furriest festive family-friendly parade returns to Downtown as the 11th Annual Vet + Pet West Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade takes over the streets of the Gaslamp Quarter.
Deck those paws with bells so jolly and jingle all the way through the Gaslamp Quarter for The Vet + Pet West Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade. Pet owners and their furry, feathered, and scaled companions are invited to don their favorite costumes for this jolly promenade and Holiday Pet Market
Entry to participate in the Pet Parade is just $15 per pet in advance, and $20 on the day of the event. FREE for Spectators!Day-of registration and check-in will begin at 11:30AM. Guests are encouraged to register in advance as space in the Parade is limited and will fill up fast.
The Pet Parade steps off promptly at 2:00 pm from under the iconic Gaslamp Quarter Archway, and continues up Fifth Avenue takes a left at E street and down Fourth Avenue ending at MLK Promenade Park, where contest winners will be announced and the Holiday Pet Market will continue! Festively-attired critters compete for bragging rights and prizes in fun costume contest categories. Dogs, cats, birds, and even fish are welcome to take part in this holly-jolly good time!
Registrants can be sure to grab a goodie bag full of fun samples, toys, coupons, and other gifts for your festive fur friends at the FREE Holiday Pet Market, open to the public from 12PM to 5PM with live music, presentations, and festive fun for all. Official viewing stations will be around the Gaslamp Quarter providing patios to view the pets on parade and specials to partake in.
*Jolly pets welcome. No livestock allowed in parade.
Pet Parade Costume Categories:
1. BEST UGLY HOLIDAY SWEATER – This category is open to pets and humans alike
2. CUTEST CRITTER – Self-Explanatory- This award is given to the pet deemed most aww-inspiring at the Pet Parade
3. BEST PET COSTUME – Awarded to the most all-around creative and elaborate pet costume. This award is for costumes of all types, whether it be festive, sports-themed, kooky or scary.
4. BEST PET COSTUME (NON-CANINE) – Awarded to the best all-around creative and elaborate non-canine pet costume
5. BEST PET HOLIDAY COSTUME – Awarded to the pet donning the most festive costume at the Pet Parade. All costumes are welcome at the Parade, but only those specifically celebrating the holidays are eligible to win this award.
6. BEST COSTUMED DUO – Awarded to the best costumed duo, whether pet-and-pet or pet-and-pet-owner
7. BEST COSTUMED GROUP (3 or more) – Awarded to the best costumed group of three or more in the Pet Parade. Get the whole family involved!
8. BEST FLOAT – Awarded to the most creative float that showcases their pet the best.
9. BEST IN SHOW – (opportunity to be Grand Marshall at next year’s event) – Awarded to the absolute show-stopping, best costume of the Pet Parade. This award is given to the best of the best, and the winner is invited to join us and lead at next year’s 12th Annual Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade!
Dec 16, 2018
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Pet Parade: 2:00 PM. Pet Expo: 12:00 to 5:00 PM.
Free to View. Participation: $15 in advance; $20 day-of.
Sign up to receive the latest news, events, and updates about San Diego. Our monthly and weekly newsletters will keep you informed about the latest and greatest happenings in the destination.
For the ultimate guide to planning your San Diego vacation, view and download the San Diego Visitor Planning Guide, packed with useful information that will help you plan the perfect San Diego getaway.
English | Change Language