San Diego's furriest festive family-friendly parade returns to Downtown as The San Diego Union-Tribune Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade presented by Blue Buffalo takes over the streets of the Gaslamp Quarter.
Season’s grrreetings, San Diegans! Prepare to unleash the holiday cheer through the streets of Downtown San Diego with your furry friends! The 10th Annual San Diego Union-Tribune Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade presented by Blue Buffalo returns on Sunday, December 10, 2017. All pet owners and their furry, feathered, and scaled companions are invited to don their favorite costumes and put their best paw, wing, and fin forward for this jolly promenade and pet expo, which starts and ends at MLK Promenade Park, adjacent to the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter (401 K Street, San Diego, CA 92101) at Fourth Avenue and K Street.
Entry to participate in the Pet Parade is just $15 per pet in advance, and $20 on the day of the event.
Day-of registration and check-in will begin at 12:30pm. Guests are encouraged to register in advance as space in the Parade is limited and will fill up fast. For more information, please visit www.holidaypetparade.com
Pet Parade Costume Categories:
1. Best Ugly Holiday Sweater - This category is open to pets and humans alike
2. Cutest Critter- Self-Explanatory - This award is given to the pet deemed most aww-inspiring at the Pet Parade
3. Best Pet Costume- Awarded to the most all-around creative and elaborate pet costume. This award is for costumes of all types, whether it be festive, sports-themed, kooky or scary.
4. Best Pet Costume (non-canine) - Awarded to the best all-around creative and elaborate non-canine pet costume
5. Best Pet Holiday Costume - Awarded to the pet donning the most festive costume at the Pet Parade. All costumes are welcome at the Parade, but only those specifically celebrating the holidays are eligible to win this award.
6. Best Costumed Duo - Awarded to the best costumed duo, whether pet-and-pet or pet-and-pet-owner
7. Best Costumed Group - (3 or more) - Awarded to the best costumed group of three or more in the Pet Parade. Get the whole family involved!
8. Best Holiday Dish ( the pup that dresses like something we eat on the holiday - duck, turkey, lamb, etc. )
9. Best in Show - (opportunity to be Grand Marshall at next year’s event) – Awarded to the absolute show-stopping, best costume of the Pet Parade. This award is given to the best of the best, and the winner is invited to join us and lead at next year’s 11th Annual Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade on Sunday, December 9, 2018!
Dec 10, 2017
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Pet Parade: 3:00 PM. Pet Expo: 1:00 to 5:00 PM.
Free to View. Participation: $15 in advance; $20 day-of.
Sign up to receive the latest news, events, and updates about San Diego. Our monthly and weekly newsletters will keep you informed about the latest and greatest happenings in the destination.
For the ultimate guide to planning your San Diego vacation, view and download the San Diego Visitor Planning Guide, packed with useful information that will help you plan the perfect San Diego getaway.
English | Change Language