The Adobe Chapel was originally built in 1850 as a home, and was converted to a church by Don José Aguirre in 1858. After having been bulldozed for street realignment in the 1930s, the WPA rebuilt the adobe chapel in 1937. Much of the interior artifacts from the original chapel have been retained, including the tabernacle, the altar with its beautiful marbleized finish, some woodwork including pews and doors, and José Aguirre's tombstone is laid in the floor.
Through education, advocacy, and stewardship SOHO's mission is to preserve, promote and support preservation of the architectural, cultural and historical links and landmarks that contribute to the community identity, depth and character of our region.
Since 1969, Save Our Heritage Organisation (SOHO), a nonprofit organization has led the community as a powerful catalyst for preservation by raising awareness and appreciation of our region's architectural and cultural heritage. All donations to SOHO support our mission of preservation.
3950 Conde St
San Diego, CA 92110
Saturday-Sunday: 12:00 to 4:00 PM
Sign up to receive the latest news, events, and updates about San Diego. Our monthly and weekly newsletters will keep you informed about the latest and greatest happenings in the destination.
English | Change Language