The revitalization of this once-neglected warehouse district in Downtown San Diego was fueled primarily by the building of PETCO Park, the San Diego Padres' state-of-the-art baseball stadium that opened in April 2004. Today, the neighborhood is a cultural hub for eating, drinking, listening and enjoying all that East Village has to offer.
- The 30-story, 1,190-room Hilton San Diego Bayfront, adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center, features a sun-and-sea inspired design that complements its stunning panoramic views of the bay and Downtown San Diego.
- The Andaz San Diego features 159 luxury rooms as well as a rooftop bar, upscale restaurant, wine bar and underground nightclub.
- The luxury 512-room Omni San Diego Hotel connects to PETCO Park via a pedestrian skywalk and offers stadium views from many of the rooms.
- The San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter offers 306 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, many of which look directly into PETCO Park.
- A $31 million renovation has transformed the former Hotel Solamar into California's first urban location of Margaritaville Resorts. The Margaritaville Hotel San Diego Gaslamp Quarter offers 235 newly upgraded guest rooms plus signature Margaritaville food and beverage concepts. And the hotel serves as a gateway from the East Village to the historic Gaslamp Quarter.
- The Margaritaville Hotel San Diego Gaslamp Quarter's 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar – named for a signature Jimmy Buffett song – is a rooftop oasis with an inviting beach-y vibe, a sparkling pool and great views of the surrounding Gaslamp Quarter.
- On the 22nd floor of the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, Altitude Sky Lounge offers guests breathtaking views of PETCO Park and the San Diego waterfront, along with music and martinis.
- Overlooking the downtown skyline and sparkling San Diego Bay, The Rooftop by STK at Andaz San Diego is a sultry bar and lounge complete with a swimming pool and live DJs spinning music under the stars.
- The Landshark Bar & Grill in the Margaritaville Hotel San Diego Gaslamp Quarter focuses on American beach fare and blended cocktails..
- Soleil @K San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter serves delicious and innovative cuisine inspired by the culinary styles of California's Napa Valley.
- A versatile, multipurpose events space, Quartyard on East Village's Market Street offers everything from a craft-beer garden to an on-site restaurant (Canteen) to a coffee shop — even an on-site dog park. It's also the perfect spot for outdoor special events, providing a full range of services for corporate events, weddings and much more.
- A rising star on San Diego's booming culinary scene, Callie takes its name from the Greek term kallos, referring to a thing of beauty. When it comes to the cooking of Chef Travis Swikard, the inspectors from the famed Michelin guide seem to agree: They awarded the restaurant a coveted Bib Gourmand designation for great food at a good value. The Michelin California Guide says Callie "takes advantage of the best ingredients SoCal has to offer in highly shareable dishes featuring the bold, sunny flavors of the Mediterranean."
- BASIC Bar & Pizza is an industrial lounge serving thin-crust, brick oven pizzas and top-shelf cocktails.
- Bay City Brewing's kid- and dog-friendly tasting room adds the tastes of craft beer and casual bar food to East Village's welcoming urban vibe.
With more than 100 distinct neighborhoods in San Diego, you're always just blocks away from a new experience. Discover other nearby downtown San Diego neighborhoods such as Marina District, Embarcadero and Little Italy.