No matter what kind of band visitors crave, from the legendary stars to the innovative upstarts, San Diego’s live music venues have something for everyone. Venues range from raucous to refined, and the music is live all night, every night in San Diego.
- Downtown’s House of Blues San Diego serves up the hottest national acts in a state-of-the-art performance venue, as well as nightly musical entertainment in an upstairs restaurant.
- The Belly Up’s acoustics and atmosphere are legendary for bringing up-and-coming artists and established legends in genres ranging from rock, alternative rock, hip-hop, jazz, reggae, and blues to North San Diego County’s Solana Beach.
- At Croce’s Restaurants and Jazz Bar in downtown’s Gaslamp Quarter, live jazz is performed nightly in three adjoining bars. Established as a tribute to singer/songwriter Jim Croce, the venue is decorated with photos and memorabilia of the late music legend.
- Located on Shelter Island, Humphreys Concerts on the Bay attracts jazz, soul and rock legends to the city’s most beautiful outdoor venue overlooking San Diego Bay.
- In downtown’s Gaslamp Quarter, The Shout House provides great musical energy and comedy via its Dueling Pianos performers, sitting face-to-face at two grand pianos performing classic rock 'n’ roll hits from the 1950s to the present.
- Indie rock makes its home at the Casbah in Little Italy. Guests can catch local favorites and soon-to-be national stars, as well as touring headliners in this intimate, authentic club.
From rock to reggae to blues, you'll find it live in San Diego seven nights of the week. For a more refined evening, consider music that has stood the best of time with a San Diego Symphony concert.