On August 26-27, 2022, the Julian StarFest will once again grace the dark skies of the Menghini Winery in Julian. After a long two-year pandemic, we are once again looking forward to the return of this annual event. The JSF Committee is already working hard to ensure the 2022 festival includes many of the same activities as in the past.
• Free public star party on Saturday night, August 27
• Camping availability for tent and RV campers from August 26 to 28
• Exhibits by major telescope and accessory vendors
• Food and beverage vendors
• Astronomy games and crafts for kids
• Raffle for donated astronomy equipment on Saturday
• Optional behind the scenes tour of the world-famous Palomar Observatory on Saturday
JSF is a great opportunity for members and non-members alike to share in the joy of astronomy. There will be plenty of activities for families and all age groups. In addition, JSF attendees will also be able to visit the nearby town of Julian, well known for its apple pies, gifts, specialty shops and hospitality.
An optional behind the scenes tour of the world-famous Palomar Observatory is also available to a limited number of people. Please follow this link to register.
In addition to the huge public outreach, all proceeds from the event are used to help fund the San Diego Astronomy Association’s ongoing community educational efforts.
Special thanks to the Menghini Winery for donating the venue. Special thanks also to the SDAA Board, JSF Committee, Volunteers, Sponsors, and Exhibitors. We hope to make the 2022 Julian StarFest the best event ever. See you in Julian!
Sign up to receive the latest news, events, and updates about San Diego. Our monthly and weekly newsletters will keep you informed about the latest and greatest happenings in the destination.
English | Change Language